Our Life’s Breath Is Contained In Ionized Air?
Mammals are made to thrive in an atmosphere of highly ionized air. This has been nature’s design from the beginning of life on Earth, long before automobiles and smokestacks arrived at the scene.
What are air ions?
Everything in the world is made up of matter and energy. Elementary physics teaches us that all matter is made up of a collection of atoms or molecules bonded together by energy that is electrical in nature. Each atom comprises of tiny charges of electrical particles. Denser, positively charged particles called protons congregate at the core of the atom while lighter, negatively charged particles called electron orbit at high speeds around the center of the atom. A neutral atom has the same number of protons and electrons.
External forces easily displace electrons from their orbit around a neutral atom. (Remember they are very light.)
An atom that gains an extra electron becomes a negative ion while an atom that loses an electron becomes a positive ion.
Our Relation with the Sun
The most abundant element in our sun is hydrogen, the second being helium. In a series of on-going nuclear fusion that converts hydrogen to helium and then back to hydrogen again, the sun produces heat and light that sustain life on earth. In the process, vast amount of small positive hydrogen ions are generated as by-products. The sun showers the entire solar system including Earth with vast amounts of positive ions. However, the Earth in its wisdom responded to the cosmic bombardment of positive ions by generating small negative ions of oxygen through the breakdown of trace amounts of radium on the earth’s crust to radon gas, creating the atmosphere as we know it.
Healthy Air ion Balance is important For Life
Normal fresh air has an ion balance of five small positive ions to four small negative ions and it is in this natural ion ratio that life exists and thrives. When this atmospheric electrical balance is tipped, an unnatural environment ensues. This will cause undue stress to our bodies. Studies and experience have shown that a change in this ratio in favour of positive ions is harmful, while an overdose of negative ions has curative properties.
We live in a chronically ion depleted environment
As recent as the last century, we have drastically and permanently altered the total ion count and balance of the air we breathe.
- Most of our ground is covered with concrete and asphalt, inhibiting the ionizing action of the earth’s surface.
- Outdoor pollution from car exhaust and factory emissions deplete the air of negative ions Negative ions readily attach themselves to particles of pollution. These newly charged particles cluster together and eventually fall to the ground. In an atmosphere depleted of negative ions, particles simple drift about on the prevailing air currents.
- In buildings and vehicles, air conditioning forces air through metallic duct works removing virtually all negative ions, and leaving only positive ions in their place. A typical air-conditioned building will have a negative ion content of almost nil.
- Electrical fields surrounding our increasing array of appliances distort air ion balance
- Static electrical charge generated by synthetic fibers in furniture, carpets and clothing also severely disturb the ion balance of the air.
- We are indoors up to 90% of the time, in super insulated air-tight spaces where many pollutants become concentrated. Crowding and smoking further deletes the negative ion count in the air.
We have exposed ourselves chronically to polluted air with typically just 150 negative ions per cubic centimeter as compared with 2000 in clean country air.
Indoor air has an elevated amount of positive ions compared with negative ions with detrimental effects on physical and emotional health for all who breathe them in consistently.
Effects of breathing air with excessive positive ions
Excessive positive ions and the lack of negative ions in the air that we breathe can throw our body chemistry out of balance. Prolonged exposures to bad quality air can cause the body to over produce blood serotonin, a stress hormone, resulting in a clinical entity known as Serotonin Irritation Syndrome. It can also cause the body to release excessive amounts of histamine and adrenaline. The net effect is a range of unpleasant symptoms such as:
- Allergies, hay fever, sinus
- Asthma, bronchitis
- Chemical sensitivity
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Hormonal problems
- Skin problems
- Susceptibility to flu and colds
- Lowered immunity
Restoring our life breath
Relief from these symptoms can be quickly achieved by restoring a healthy amount of negative ions to our indoor environment with an air ionizer. Breathing air with an abundance of negative ions has a normalizing effect with a significant improved sense of well being.
At Dorea, we have sourced the best ionizing devices available and made them available to our customers. The Reltec IG-E1J and Comtech negative ionisers are good quality products backed by sound research, fully endorsed by third parties and raved by users all over the world. We have also conducted our own testing that found them to be reliable and safe.
Restoring air ion balance within our homes and offices is of paramount importance.
In an indoor environment of good air quality,
- we are relaxed, poised, alert and in a conducive state for creative work and play.
- Physiologically, our body systems function optimally and
- our resistance against infections and diseases is strengthened.
- Negative air ions also effectively rid air borne allergens, viruses and pollutant protecting us from health destroying agents.
Our ionised space become to us a safe sanctuary, “non-toxic space”, that will protect us and keep us healthy in spite of environmental challenges. The air ioniser is the missing link to good health in our 21st century world.